Monday, February 3, 2014

Update on the Deus Ex movie from its writer!

Yesterday during the Super Bowl I was live-streaming and chatting on my fav movie site OneOfUs.Net (R.I.P. Spill.com), and it just happened that C. Robert Cargill, the writer of such films as Sinister and the upcoming Deus Ex adaptation (not even on IMDB yet!), was present. I was fortunate enough to get my question answered by him, (I typed it, he answered verbally) and it was the high point of my weekend. Albeit paraphrased, it went something like this:

(Another user): "How's Deus Ex coming along?"
C. Robert Cargill: "It's in pre-production. (...) We've done several drafts of the script and they're happy with it."
Me: "Do you feel pressure considering how much video game movies suck?"
C. Robert Cargill: "I did at first, and that was the big question mark as to whether we were going to take it (...) it's one of those things where we looked at it and said 'it's so easy to make the best video game movie ever made' (...) so it actually was counter (...) hopefully we can show other people how it's done."

So, uh, am I a real journalist now?

EDIT: Edited the quotes for accuracy. You can hear it below, or listen to the full audio here (at 2:48:25). 




No comments:

Post a Comment